Dick's Sporting Goods
You have a passion for sport, for the community and for customer service. So do we. DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a people-first Lead for our store leadership team.
On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful, and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career as a Lead in our store, this is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Lead has a direct impact on both the execution of our store’s brand standards as well as the teammate experience. The Lead is focused on delivering the best service to our customers as well as providing direction to teammates.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operational aspects of their store department
- Plans and organizes with the guidance of Assistant Store Manager; takes time to build plans to effectively execute projects and tasks while delegating based on priority level
- Upholds and holds team accountable for company brand, merchandising, and presentation standards
- Compliance to loss prevention standards and audit requirements
- Supports building and hiring a strong team as well as training associates on company procedures and programs; this includes new teammate training and cross-training current team
- As business needs arise; other tasks may become necessary to support the team and the store
- Leads by example to ensure a great customer experience and helps teammates understand how their responsibilities play a key role in the organization
- Clearly communicates, provides in-the-moment coaching, and builds trust with teammates in the store
- Creates an inclusive store environment where everyone (teammates & athletes) feel welcome, safe, amd is treated with respect
Our Leadership Competencies set the bar of what great people leaders look like at DICK’S Sporting Goods. They define the behaviors of leaders that can drive the business and build great talent. Here are the competencies we expect from our Store leaders:
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision-Quality/Decision-Making Abilities
- Engagement Driver
- Talent Developer
- Effective Team Building Skills
- Plans & Aligns
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Prior retail sales experience (or customer-focused experience) preferred
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: